Afternoon! So, it appears that three weeks have gone by and I hadn’t realised! Oopsie! I’m playing catch up a bit, so here are my happy things from the last few weeks:
2. Passiflora – The climber by our front door finally flowered! The first time since we moved in, it was a lovely surprise. My friend tells me that it is a passion flower (passiflora). So pretty!
3. Posy of daisies – Bit of a garden theme from this week, but I just loved the colours of these cosmos daisies. My parents gave us them last time they came to visit – I’m sure they were both the same when we got them, but one plant has the slightly darker flower and it makes a lovely combo.
4. Sweet peas – The sweet peas I was given for my birthday also came into flower that week. I’ve been cutting them daily to promote more flowers. Ooh they’re one of my faves!
1. Chocolate cupcakes – My colleague left the week after my boss (I’m now a team of one, until the restructure sorts itself out) so I made these chocolate cupcakes for her farewell tea party. I’ve made similar chocolate cakes before (see them here), but I followed a different recipe for these and they really were delicious. Everyone at work was very complimentary!
2. Party on – Last weekend we had a great time celebrating our friends’ 1st wedding anniversary at a big party in West Sussex. I love getting together with the gang! I wore this black and white dress – and even wore heals for the occasion!
3. At the car wash – hehehe, I took the car through the car wash! First time ever! I know it is not very good on water and I could just wash it myself at home, but given that this is the first time in over a year that I have even washed the car, I think it was ok. Slightly terrifying when the roly roly bristles come at you over the bonnet, but I survived!
4. Laying out squares – with all the squares for my latest blanket finished, I laid them out ready to join. I love this bit! Although, I joined them a little differently this time. All will be revealed, but not yet…
2. I scream for ice cream – The Bert’s dad and Monique were visiting us this weekend and we went on a little jaunt yesterday afternoon to the Cotswold villages – loved this sign for ice cream. I didn’t have one, but butter crunch would have got my vote! You?
3. Chocolate box cottages – Nothing like dreaming of a village life… this beautiful cottage in Lower Slaughter caught my eye. Picture perfect.
4. Banana cake – A bit more baking this weekend – this time a banana cake to use up some that had gone past their best. The Bert reckons I leave them to go off deliberately! I’ll share the recipe for this one in another post – it’s a good one, super easy.
Oof bit of a mad rush through those… it’s been a good couple of weeks though! Lovely to look back. It’s been a busy couple of weeks too, so it’s nice to have this afternoon to catch up a bit. Our visitors are on their way home, The Bert is down at the river and so I’ve got a bit of time to myself. I’m going to stick the kettle on, cut a slice of banana cake and see what you’ve all been up to!
I hope you’ve had a happy few weeks,