Hooray! The end of the working week!
It could not come soon enough this week – I have been feeling particularly fed up and glum at work today, which is not how I like to be, and don’t often talk about on here. However, work has been getting me a bit down recently, and maybe it’s good to share so that I don’t explode.
I’ve not said much about my work – and the details of what I do probably aren’t relevant to my little moan today. I think it’s enough to say that my, usually quite enjoyable, job has had a shift in focus for the last 4 months, and I now find myself in this period of intense monotony. The task in hand is enormous, and it’s a very thankless task.
I often find myself humming Marina and the Diamonds ‘I am not a robot’ as a little reminder to myself (and maybe others too!), that I am not a machine just chugging away at things.
Anyway, it’s World Thinking Day today – a date that has stuck in my mind ever since my years as a Brownie and Girl Guide – and so it seems appropriate to think about what I do like about my job::
- I am lucky to have a job
- I (usually) get to be quite creative – with words and pictures
- I get to work with lots of people on a variety of things
- I work for an organisation that has a good message and works towards something I believe in
- I car share to work with some lovely people, who lift my spirits on a daily basis. We cover a remarkable number of subjects and topics. We’re never short of something to talk about on our journey to and fro
- I have a good working environment
- I have some lovely work colleagues
- My desk is very homely (remember my crochet pen pot? – Still in use as you can see from the following pic. I took it last week when I tried using flower friends to brighten things up a bit. Oh and yes, that is a paper moustache taped to a pencil. Never know when you might need one, do you?)
There. Eight things. That’s not bad for a day when I really thought I’d struggle to come up with anything. I must not forget about these things.
Anyway, that’s enough about work. The weekend is here! It’s getting off to a good start as I’m off out to a dance this evening! How hilarious, I’m sure it’s going to be ever so funny, I have never done jive or lindy hop before, but that’s what I will be attempting! Ooh, better get a wriggle on actually. Wish me luck.