I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to get round to writing about this, especially as I was really very touched to have been given an award. My very first award too: the Kreativ Blogger.
A BIG thank you to Jacquie over at Bunny Mummy for giving this to me. If you haven’t already, you must go and visit her.
So, being the geek I am, I did a bit of research into the award. I wanted to see where it had originated, and luckily someone else did too! You can read about the origins of the award at Careann’s Musings – I haven’t linked to the original post by Hulda because it’s in Norwegian, and I don’t know about you but I am not skilled in Norwegian.
It appears over time that ‘rules’ have been introduced and even these seem have changed somewhat over the years, but I’m more than happy to try and come up with 10 things that you may not already know about me:
Ooh, where to start! Hmm…
1. I can play the french horn, the piano and (once upon a time) the saxophone. I used to be quite good, but it’s more for fun now. I’m ashamed to say that taking this photo was the first time I’ve opened the french horn case since we moved here!
2. I taught myself to crochet using this magazine. 5 July 2010 was my first day of crochet – the day The Bert started his new job. I decided I would go bonkers sitting around job hunting all day, so crochet was my mental stimulation!
3. I drive a little, old, blue car called Aunt Letitia. I fear that she is on her last legs.
4. I went to uni in Cardiff, and then did a masters in London – both in environmental things. I’m not sure that I need either for my current job!
5. Until I was about 17 I was allergic to any food stuff from a cow. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of anyone else with this allergy! Weird.
6. I can SCUBA dive – once upon a time I was qualified as a Rescue Diver. Thankfully I never needed any of the skills I learned.
7. My goldfish at home is 26 years old. His name is George Willington the Third. There has been no sneaky replacement of pet here – he looks his age, poor fish.
8. I am a little bit frightened of JB the chinchilla. I know – how can this be? He is so cute!
9. I have ‘double jointed’ fingers. I will save you all the freakishness by not including a photo.
10. I have now lost a total of 33lb since August 26 2010. Believe me when I tell you that I needed to.
And there we have it! That was quite fun actually!
Now to passing on the award to blogs that inspire me… I’m still discovering new sites, so apologies this isn’t a full list of 10 and that you’ve probably found most of them already:
- Lucy at Attic 24 – I’m sure you’ve already found Lucy’s lovely site. I find her writing so honest and I love all her crochet creations. I get a lot of inspiration from the Attic.
- Ruth at The Pink Whisk – Ruth was one of the finalists in The Great British Bake Off which was on BBC2 last year. Her blog is filled with gorgeous recipes and clear photos to help you with each step.
- Sandi at Sandiart’s Blog – another crochet fan, I always enjoy reading what Sandi has been up to. Her writing is accompanied by such lovely photos. I often forget she is on the other side of the world.
- Jacquie at Bunny Mummy – I know that Jacquie was the one that gave me the award, but I just had to include her in my list as I love visiting her site – lovely patterns, tutorials and tips, beautiful photos and colourful writing.
- Mollie Makes – I have only recently discovered this lovely blog, written by the folk that have just brought out the new crafty magazine by the same name. I can tell already I’m going to get LOTS of inspiration from here! And the Mollie Makes magazine looks delicious!
I’m always on the look out for new blogs and lovely things, so please leave me a comment so that I can come and find you!